How do man and nature co-exist in one of the most bio-diverse areas of the planet?
Our nine day educational experiences are designed not only to show the best of Costa Rica but give the participant the opportunity to learn how things came to be, why things came to be, and the importance of developing these things in a sustainable manner. This experience is great for all ages and is run year round.
- Arrive to San Jose, transfer to San Ramon for welcome dinner. Evening walk to the central park and church of San Ramon.
- San Ramon culture tour: Learn why San Ramon is known for its graffiti paintings and then head out to the countryside to see how country Costa Ricans lived. See how “natilla” is made and even milk a cow. Try the traditional gallo pinto breakfast, watch how cane juice is squeezed out of the stalk at a traditional sugar mill and tour the area farms on horseback.The tour ends with a traditional lunch accompanied with live traditional music.
- In the morning we will visit a school to do special activities with the children and/or participate in a beautification project such as painting a mural. In the afternoon we’ll take a short trip to experience the thrill of flying through the rainforest on a zip line cable.
- Visit to Poas volcano, currently one of the most active volcanoes in Costa Rica. Visitors are able to view down into the crater from a look out point and hike some of the nearby trails. We’ll visit the visitor’s center to learn about all the volcanoes of Costa Rica.
- After coming down the mountain we’ll stop for lunch at the Juan Santamaria Museum in Alajuela and learn why he is considered a war hero and why he is so important to the people of Alajuela.
- Finally, to close out the day we will visit an animal rescue center to learn about the rainforest animals and why they had/have to be rescued. Animal holding opportunities!
- Tortuga island: Time for some sun. It wouldn’t be Costa Rica without a visit to a tropical beach. We’ll take it one step further by going to a tropical island! Enjoy passage by boat out to the island for a day of fun in the sun. Lunch is served on the beach with music and activities. Take a book or journal with you to reflect as you are now at the halfway point of your experience.
- Want to see possibly the world’s largest ox cart? It’s on display at the Sarchi public park which we’ll be passing through on our way to the Bull’s waterfall. The Bull’s waterfall is one of the undiscovered natural tourist attractions of Costa Rica and we’ll have the opportunity to hike down to the base to marvel at the 90 meter cascade. On the way back up watch the sky for humming birds and butterflies.
- On the way back to San Ramon we’ll drive through the town of Zarcero and let you try not to get lost in one of the most radical gardens in all of Costa Rica. Located right in front of the church these arched shrub bushes make for excellent photo opportunities.
- Take in the river scenery from the fast lane as we raft the might rapids of the Balsa river. Dam controlled we are guaranteed safe class II and III rapids.
- After the adrenaline rush we’ll eat a late lunch at a local family’s home, tour their farm and see just how easy it is to live off the land in the tropics.
- To wind down the evening we’ll head up to Arenal and relax in the hot springs. Lodging this night will be in La Fortuna.
- We’ll depart early to boat in the Cano Negro national park. Feel like a real frontiersmen navigating the canals viewing the wildlife in its most natural state. One of the most biologically diverse regions of the country you’ll be able to see turtles, monkeys, birds, sloths, bats, caimans, and not to mention the many insects and vegetation that inhabit the region.
- We’ll travel back to San Ramon for a very special going away party as we prepare you for departure.
- Breakfast and shuttle to the airport. Just like that your experience has come to an end. We hope you enjoyed your experience and wish you safe travels back home. Pura vida!
Contact us for more information!